This policy applies to the Company’s employees, contractors and officers.
The Company has a contract with all Data Processors that it uses in compliance with Article 28 & Article 29 of the GDPR, and ensures that all Data Processors are compliant with Data Protection Legislation.
The policy does not apply to third party services. Where third party services are used, and the third party is not a Data Processor, no Relevant Data (as defined below) is shared with them, or the Relevant Data has been anonymised such that the GDPR does not apply. Information collected by third parties is governed by their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
In addition, a separate agreement governs delivery, access and use of the Products (the “User Agreement”).
This policy applies to Relevant Data received and processed only.
Capitalized terms used in this Policy and not otherwise defined shall have the meanings provided below:
* Rewardster Tablet
* Rewardster Mobile
* Rewardster Live web services
* Rewardster Text and Email
Relevant Data – Personal Data and Special Categories of Data are the Relevant Data covered by this policy and as defined in the Data Protection Legislation.
Personal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Special Categories of Data – Personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, genetic data, biometric data and data concerning health or a person’s sex life or sexual orientation.
Processing/Processed – any operation on personal data, whether automated or not.
Information We Collect and Receive
When you interact with our Sites and Products, we collect Information that, alone or in combination with other data, could be used to identify you (Personal Data). Some of the Information we collect is stored in a manner that cannot be linked back to you (Non-Personal Data).
We collect information from you when you register on our site, subscribe at a participating merchant, subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey or fill out a form.
Any data we request that is not required will be specified as voluntary or optional.
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number or credit card information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
Rewardster also collects, generates and/or receives Other Information:
Certain data about the devices you use to connect with Rewardster and your use of the Sites and/or Products are automatically logged in our systems, including:
- Location information. This is the geographic area where you use your computer and mobile devices (as indicated by an Internet Protocol [IP] address or similar identifier) when interacting with our Sites and/or Products.
- Log data. As with most websites and technology services delivered over the internet, our servers automatically collect data when you access or use our Sites and/or Products and record it in log files. This log data may include the IP address, browser type and settings, the date and time of use, information about browser configuration, language preferences, and cookie data.
- Products and Sites Specific Data. This is information about the Rewardster Sites and/or Products you use and how you use them. We may also obtain data from our third-party partners and service providers to analyze how users use our Sites and/or Products. For example, we will know how many users access a specific page on the Site and which links they clicked on. We use this aggregated information to better understand and optimize the Site.
- Device information. These are data from your computer or mobile device, such as the type of hardware and software you are using (for example, your operating system and browser type), as well as unique device identifiers for devices that are using Rewardster Products.
Third Party Data
Rewardster may receive data about Site visitors, marketing campaigns and other matters related to our business from affiliates and subsidiaries, our partners or others that we use to make our own information better or more useful. This data may be combined with Other Information we collect and might include aggregate level data, such as which IP addresses correspond to zip codes or countries. Or it might be more specific: for example, how well an online marketing or email campaign performed.
Additional Information Provided to Rewardster
We receive Other Information when submitted to our Sites or if you participate in a focus group, contest, activity or event, apply for a job, request support, interact with our social media accounts or otherwise communicate with Rewardster.
Collection Information from Children
Rewardster does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we determine we have collected personal information from a child younger than 13 years of age, we will take reasonable measures to remove that information from our systems. If you are under the age of 13, please do not submit any personal information through the Site and/or Products. We encourage parents and legal guardians to monitor their children’s Internet usage and to help enforce this Policy by instructing their children never to provide personal information through the Sites and/or Products without their permission.
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
Using Your Information by Rewardster
We use, process, and store your information as necessary to perform our contract with you and for our legitimate business interests, in operating our Sites, Products, Services, and business including:
- to help us administer our Sites and/or Products, authenticate users for security purposes, provide personalized user features and access, process transactions, conduct research, develop new features, and improve the features, algorithms, and usability of our Sites and/or Products;
- As required by applicable law, legal process or regulation.
- to calculate aggregate statistics on the number of unique devices using our Sites and/or Products;
- to send emails and other communications. We may send you service, technical and other administrative emails, messages and other types of communications. We may also contact you to inform you about changes in our Products, our Products offerings, and important Products-related notices, such as security and fraud notices. These communications are considered part of the Products and you may not opt out of them. In addition, we sometimes send emails about new product features, promotional communications or other news about Rewardster. We will only send you marketing information if you consent to us;
- for billing, account management and other administrative matters. Rewardster may need to contact you for invoicing, account management and similar reasons and we use account data to administer accounts and keep track of billing and payments.
- to investigate and help prevent security issues, fraud and abuse.
- We use service providers who assist us in meeting business operations needs, including hosting, delivering, and improving our Products. We also use service providers for specific services and functions, including email communication, customer support services, and analytics. These service providers may only access, process, or store Personal Data pursuant to our instructions and to perform their duties to us.
- We have your explicit consent to share your Personal Data (if required).
- We believe it is necessary to investigate potential violations of the Terms of Products, to enforce those Terms of Products, or where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, or potential threats against persons, property, or the systems on which we operate our Site and/or Products.
- We determine that the access, preservation, or disclosure of your Personal Data is required by law to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Rewardster and users of our Site and/or Products, or to respond to lawful requests by public authorities, including national security or law enforcement requests.
- We may disclose Non-Personal Data publicly and to third parties – for example, in public reports about word usage, to partners under agreement with us, or as part of progress reports we may provide to users.
- Have your Personal Data corrected or deleted. You may ask us to correct information you think is inaccurate or completely delete all information that we hold about you by emailing: support@Rewardster.com.
- Access your Personal Data report by submitting a request at support@Rewardster.com. This report will include the Personal Data we have about you, provided to you in a structured, commonly used, and portable format.
- Object to us processing your Personal Data. It is your right to lodge an objection to the processing of your personal data by emailing: support@Rewardster.com if you feel the “ground relating to your particular situation” apply. The only reasons we will be able to deny your request is if we can show compelling legitimate grounds for the processing, which override your interest, rights and freedoms, or the processing is for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal claims.
- You can ask us to stop using your Personal Data, including when we use your Personal Data to send you marketing emails. We only send marketing communications to users located in the EEA with your prior consent, and you may withdraw your consent at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link found within Rewardster emails and changing your contact preferences.
Please note you will continue to receive transactional messages related to our Products, even if you unsubscribe from marketing emails.
- Complain to a regulator. If you’re based in the EEA and think that we haven’t complied with data protection laws, you have a right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority.
If information is aggregated or de-identified so it is no longer reasonably associated with an identified or identifiable natural person, Rewardster may use it for any business purpose.
How We Share And Disclose Information
We only disclose Personal Data to third parties when:
Rewardster does not share your Personal Data with third parties for the purpose of enabling them to deliver their advertisements to you.
Rewardster does not sell or rent your Personal Data.
Third Parties’ Applications and Products
Some third-party applications and services that work with us may ask for permission to access your information. Those applications will provide you with notice and request your consent in order to obtain such access or information. Please consider your selection of such applications and services, and your permissions, carefully.
Some third parties’ embedded content or plugins on our Sites and/or Products, such as Facebook “Like” buttons, may allow their operators to learn that you have visited the Sites, and they may combine this knowledge with other data they have collected about your visits to other websites or online services that can identify you.
Data collected by third parties through these apps and plugins is subject to each parties’ own policies. We encourage you to read those policies and understand how other companies use your data.
E-mailing by Rewardster
From time to time, we may want to contact you with information about product announcements, software updates, and special offers. We also may want to contact you with information about products and services from our business partners.
We only send marketing communications to you with your prior consent.
All Rewardster account holders will continue to receive transactional messages related to our Products, even if you unsubscribe from promotional emails.
Data storage, transfer, retention, and deletion
Data Storage and Transfers
Information submitted to Rewardster will be transferred to, processed, and stored in the United States. When you use the Products on your computing device, user content you save will be stored locally on that device and synced with our servers. If you post or transfer any Information to or through our Sites and/or Products, you are agreeing to such information, including Personal Data and user content, being hosted and accessed in the United States.
Duration of Information Storage
You can remove your Personal Data from Rewardster at any time by emailing us with the respective request: support@Rewardster.com. However, we may keep some of your Personal Data for as long as reasonably necessary for our legitimate business interests, including fraud detection and prevention and to comply with our legal obligations including tax, legal reporting, and auditing obligations.
All breaches will be reported to the relevant supervisory authority within 72 hours, unless the data was anonymised or encrypted or if it has a particularly high risk.
Breaches of this policy by staff, contractors, officers of the Company will be dealt with under the Company’s grievance and disciplinary policy and may lead to a disciplinary sanction.
If Rewardster learns of a security system breach, we may attempt to notify you and provide information on protective steps, if available, through the email address that you have provided to us or by posting a notice on the Site. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive such notices in writing.
Rewardster uses, processes, and stores Personal Data, as necessary to perform our contract with you, and based on our legitimate interests in order to provide the Products and Services. We rely on your consent to process Personal Data to send promotional emails and to place cookies on your devices. In some cases, Rewardster may process Personal Data pursuant to legal obligation or to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
Individuals located in the European Economic Area (EEA) have certain rights in respect to their personal information, including the right to access, correct, or delete Personal Data we process through your use of the Sites, Software, and/or Products. If you’re a user based in the EEA, you can:
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
To personalize your experience
(your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
To improve our website
(we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
To improve customer service
(your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
To process transactions
Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested by the customer.
To send periodic emails
The email address you provide for order processing, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order or request, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, promotions, related product or service information, etc.
Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you submit a request, place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information.
These security measures include: password protected directories and databases to safeguard your information, SSL (Secure Sockets Layered) technology to ensure that your information is fully encrypted and sent across the Internet securely or PCI Scanning to actively protect our servers from hackers and other vulnerabilities.
We use industry-standard encryption to protect your data in transit. This is commonly referred to as transport layer security (“TLS”) or secure socket layer (“SSL”) technology.
After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) may be stored on our servers, however only in full compliance with PCI requirements, including data encryption.
When you give us personal information, we take steps to make sure that it’s treated securely.
Non-sensitive details (your email address etc.) are sent normally over the Internet, and this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.
Once we receive your data, we protect it on our servers using a combination of technical, physical, and logical security safeguards. The security of the data stored locally in any of our Products installed on your computing device requires that you make use of the security features of your device. We recommend that you take the appropriate steps to secure all computing devices that you use in connection with our Site and Products.
The Company takes the security of your data very seriously and works to protect your data from loss, misuse and unauthorised access or disclosure.
All staff and officers who handle Relevant Data are aware of this policy and have been given training in how to correctly collect, process, store and delete data. The Company holds a log of when staff training was undertaken and updates it on an annual basis.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
We have taken the necessary steps to ensure that we are compliant with the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 by never sending out misleading information.
Data Protection Officer
To communicate with our Data Protection Officer, please email dpo@Rewardster.com.
25422 Trabuco Road
Lake Forest, CA 92630
Federal Trade Commision Fair
California Online Privacy Protection Act
Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act
Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited Pornography and Marketing Act
Trust Guard Privacy Requirements